Pantothenic acid is the other name for vitamin B5. Vegetables, eggs, milk, meat and cereal grains are the common resources of vitamin B5. For a lot of people, vitamin B5 is just another vitamin which they must take in for a healthy body. A few of us know that vitamin B5 is one of the most essential vitamins for the human body. Not only brain and heart, but it also takes care of our skin. You can say that it is an essential element to ensure a healthy and flawless skin. It helps the body to convert the food you eat into energy.
Following are the main uses of pantothenic acid. After knowing all the uses, no one would ever neglect the importance of pantothenic acid in their life.
- Vitamin B5 acts as a synthesizer of many important components required by the human body. For instance, it is essential for the formation of proteins, carbohydrates, antibiotics and amino acids, while stimulating the adrenal hormones.
- It is also a stress reducer. It works on the hormones that are responsible for mental conditions and regulates them in an effective way.
- Vitamin B5 plays a vital role in keeping the heart healthy. It regulates the cholesterol level and controls the blood pressure. People who suffer from high or low blood pressure are often advised to add vitamin B5 rich products in their diet.
- A healthy immune system is a key to a healthy body. Vitamin B5 pantothenic acid strengthens the immune system and helps you to fight against thousands of diseases and infections. This is also a reason why nutritionists give vitamin B5 supplements to people who have to follow a restricted diet plan.
- The most important use of pantothenic acid is keeping skin healthy and flawless. It helps to prevent the early signs of aging by keeping the skin tight and spot-free.
Adding pantothenic acid in your daily life would be a great favor to your health.