Teeth ate the strongest part of human body. Even if the whole body burns, the jaw remains intact. It is because teeth are made of calcium, which is an amazingly strong element. Your teeth are the first thing people notice about you when you smile; you don’t want them to be bad looking. TwentyTooth which is a Singapore based company, is performing their duty towards taking care of teeth and mouth hygiene.
Here are some interesting facts about teeth.
- An average person spends a total of 38 days while brushing teeth in their whole life.
- People who drink more than three glasses of soda per day have 62% more chances of tooth decay.
- If you don’t floss, you are leaving behind 40% of your tooth surface dirty.
- Right handed people tend to eat from the right side of their jaw while the left-handed people tend to chew from the left side of their jaw.
- In North America, kids spend half a million dollars on chewing gum per year.
- An average man smiles eight times per day while a woman smiles 62 times a day.
- Giraffes do not have upper teeth; they only have the bottom part of the jaw.
- The most valuable tooth belongs to Sir Isaac Newton, worth $35,700. It was set in a ring.
- Plaque develops with more than 300 different types of bacteria.
- Blue whale does not have any teeth.
- Elephants grind their molars on their own and grown new ones.
- The crocodile bird flies in crocodile’s mouth and cleans its teeth.
- Tooth decay is the most common type of dental problem.
- Adults have 32 teeth while kids have 20 teeth.
- Today, toothpaste is used to clean teeth, earlier charcoal, lemon juice, and lemons were used to clean teeth. They were as effective as toothpaste; even better.
You do not want to end up as George Washington who had only one real tooth at the time of his inauguration, so take good care of your teeth and keep smiling.